Sunday, September 19, 2010

~Isabella Elise da Rosa, September 18th, 2010

We are home from the hospital finally! I am the happiest person alive!

I went to work on Friday and early Saturday we were planning to leave for NY in the morning, but in the middle of the night I woke up with water in the bed and wasn't sure what to think of it. I waited a bit and tried to g back to sleep. At 3 I woke up Chris and asked what he thought of it, he said that must have been the water..

I got downstairs and googled a bit, called the doctor who told me to come in to get checked, but I know that most of the times they send you home for false labor. But during the car ride to the hospital I started getting such mad pain an contractions I couldn't help but wonder what was going on, still thinking we should not go there, it would be a trip for nothing, we were going to be sent home after a few hours.

Not until after being seen by the doctor and she told us we were having a baby today did it hit me.. This was it! We were going to see our baby for the first time! Bu tit was unreal, I had prepared myself mentally to haveher after September 26th, maybe October. Everything went so very fast, the pain was just undescbribable, I thought I would die in a heart attack or something. Chris was there, helping and comforting best he could, I tried to think positive things and keep my eyes on the rpice like Chris said but that is just mad mad pain. Torture.
I asked for an epidural and got it right away, after that everything went so fast, baby came out, looking like an old chinese man, with lots of hair. They put her on my chest, and instantly I felt such crazy love for her. She became my number 1, even though she was covered in gue and blood, squiky and wrinkly. This is how we are built, otherwise we would probably get scared of how they look and leave them right there!

It is not sure who she looks like, or how she is looking tomorrow becuase she changes very fast. Today she looks more like a baby than an old man. Chris says she has my eyes but I hitkn they are squinty little pig eyes hahaha (JK) I think her noseand mouth are his. Def Chris' hands. Unfortunately, yes, my crazy feet. Her black hair looks more brownish today, she has my colors. She is a very good little baby, she keeps eye contact, is hungry and cries a little bit here and there but quiet. She came very gently so I recovered very fast and feel great.

Chris and I are very happy but tired, Chris' mom Pam is here and staying with us for a week wich I really appreciate. Shelby is confused and trying to figure our what it is that we brought home.

1 comment: